Terms and Conditions
The payment in full of the investment amount to Najah Pty/Ltd, Operating as Barefoot Business ( Rain Makers Club) entities the Client to –
- Receive the coaching sessions and receive the training services provided as per the “Rain Makers” promotion page: https://barefootbusiness.clickfunnels.com/rain-maker-club
- Receive a copy of the training materials that are relevant to the training services as selected by your coach.
The client, in consideration of the course to be provided by Barefoot Business under this agreement, agrees –
- That the deposit amount for either/both training is non refundable and is paid to secure receiving the relevant course material.
- To indemnify & keep indemnified Barefoot Business from & against all loss, damage or liability (whether criminal or civil) suffered & legal fees & costs incurred by Barefoot Business resulting from breach of this agreement by the Client including, if applicable any neglect or default of the client’s employees or agents.
- Not to cause or permit anything which may damage or endanger the Intellectual Property of Barefoot Business or assist or allow others to do so (Barefoot Business’s intellectual property includes all aspects of Barefoot Business’s intellectual property in whatever form associated with intellectual property, including but not limited to the rights contained in their website, stationary, customer lists, graphics, literature, style of trading, copyrights, design, rights, patents, logos, course material and content etc).
- To take full responsibility for requesting, booking or reserving places in all trainings, coaching sessions and all other services, programs or products offered in this program and acknowledge that any services offered on a monthly basis expire on the last business day of each month and unused sessions are forfeited and all other products and/or services offered must be requested by the client before the last business day of their final month and that all unused sessions, products or programs are forfeited after this date.
- Not to solicit, deal with or engage any of the personnel provided by Barefoot Business to supply training or coaching or similar services for a period of two years from the date of the Agreement without prior written consent from Barefoot Business.
- Not to make copies or distribute any of the written or audio material from the course other than as required to do so for the purpose of participating in the course. Except as this Agreement specifically permits, at any time to divulged to any third party any part of the Confidential Information or of the intellectual Property nor provide to any third party a copy of any document or audio recording which comprise or contains Confidential Information or Intellectual Property
- I acknowledge that the training session which I will be required to participate in may be personally, emotionally and physically challenging for me and that they may be occasions in which I will feel emotional challenges including frustration, annoyance or stress. I agree that I have undertaken any necessary tests or investigations with a suitable qualified expert before commencing training to ensure that I am mentally, physically and emotionally fit for it.
- I will not hold Barefoot Business liable for any loss or cost or damages incurred by me (or any person related to me) in the event of mental, physical, emotional stress or distress (or other aliment or condition) caused either directly or indirectly in relation to these training sessions. I will indemnify you in the event of any such claim.
- For additional training events not covered by this agreement, fees must be paid in full 30 days prior to the training commencing. Cancellation of any training event will result in the loss of the deposit portion of the training and incur an addition cancellation fee of $500 or the full cost of the event whichever is the lower amount.
- If you wish to change the date of your training you may do so as long as you advise Barefoot Business in writing and receive a confirmation of your request, and the request is outside 30 days of the training date. Each request to change a confirmed training date will attract a $150 fee per request. Where training is within 30 days of your written request to change dates, you may be liable for the full values of the training.
- I acknowledge some of the training sessions will be recorded for training & marketing purposes.
I acknowledge and agree to –
- Training, coaching and course fees are non transferable.
- Training, coaching and other services are delivered for the entire length of the program as a minimum, and as such, services will not be “paused”, “put on hold”, “cancelled” or otherwise amended during the delivery period.
- Either party may cancel ongoing subscriptions at any time with at least 30 days notice before the next due billing date. For programs and subscriptions cancelled during the course of the program (e.g. Quarterly subscriptions, whether paid annually, quarterly or monthly), cancellation will take place at the end of the paid period. Refunds or partial refunds for unused portions of any subscription or program will not be issued.
- That any publicity or information provided by Barefoot Business in relation to the provision of the course are for guidance only & are subject to alteration from time to time without consent of the client.
- That in the event that Barefoot Business is liable to any extent under the Agreement or under general law Barefoot Business’s liability is to be limited to the amount of the Fee paid by the Client.
- That Barefoot Business is not liable in any way if the course contains material that the Client is already familiar with.
- That Barefoot Business has not made any representation that participation in the course guarantees success as a Business Owner/Manager or will guarantee income.
- In the event that all or any portion of the fees are not paid by their agreed date, the client agrees to pay the entire amount outstanding plus any and all recovery costs incurred by Barefoot Business in the recovery of said fees.
- To have understood the terms of this Agreement.
- To behave in an ethical and appropriate manner throughout their training and when dealing with all Barefoot Business staff, contractors, trainers, students, clients, etc.
- All differences that may arise as a result of this agreement shall be referred to a single arbitrator to be agreed upon by the parties.